Customer Service Agent
Fidelity Payment Services’ Customer Service team is focused on providing outstanding client service, support and experiences that are critical to our ongoing success and merchant retention. The Customer Service team is the first point of contact for Fidelity’s clients, and they play a critical role in determining client satisfaction.
Fidelity Payment Services is currently seeking a Customer Service Agent to provide high quality customer service to merchants by responding to inquiries that come into our support desk via email and telephone. The Agent handles service tickets regarding the support of Merchant Credit Card processing through troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing merchants with solutions to resolve problems with service, authorization and credit card processing terminals as well as communicates applicable policies, procedures and practices to merchants.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
- Six months to one year of customer service experience, 2 years’ experience preferred
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and efficiently both over the phone and in writing
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills as well as the ability to handle difficult customer calls
- Ability to identify and resolve/escalate complex problems
- Proficient keyboard and computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Proven commitment to high quality customer service and a customer-first approach to problem solving
- Efficient time management skills to maximize the number of merchants that can be assisted while maintaining a high level of detail in notes and follow-up
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment as part of a team, but assume ownership and responsibility for team and self-assigned work.
- Work the customer service queue, monitoring and answering incoming calls and emails daily, generating trouble tickets in Fidelity’s Customer Assistance and Ticketing System and contacting the clients with follow-up and resolution.
- Document customer issues utilizing current on-line information management system.
- Ensure timely reporting, referral, follow-up and escalation of merchant issues to minimize disruption to service and overall impact to Fidelity clients.
- Help build and maintain knowledge sources and training materials for inter and intra departmental training and onboarding.
- Act as liaison between merchants and internal departments to communicate, research, and investigate client issues while driving the ticket towards resolution.
- Analyze data and workflows to determine root causes and make recommendations to resolve current problem while gaining efficiencies for future similar problems.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision using pre-set company policies, procedures and standards as well as contractual agreements as guidelines for interaction and activity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Brooklyn, NY 11211
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 2 years
For a full listing of career opportunities, click here.