Collecting and processing payments is a basic yet essential function of any business. Payments are the center of business growth and development, and it is essential for business owners to understand the options available to them.
Merchant services is a broad term that refers to the various payment processing options. While most people associate merchant accounts with credit card processing, the term encompasses other payment options as well.
Core Merchant Services
Technology that allows for the acceptance of credit and debit cards, safely and efficiently. Based on the business type, processing volume and a variety of other factors, every business will receive a different interchange rate which is the cost they pay to process credit and debit transactions.
- In-Store Payments: Transactions that take place in a brick and mortar establishment. These are usually processed using a physical card and payment terminal. Some stores will want to enable EMV chip card acceptance and NFC payments, such as Apple Pay, as well.
- Online Payments: This includes e-commerce stores that process transactions through an e-commerce site, invoicing systems where customers can pay through a specified link or merchants that choose to accept payments on the go with a web portal.
- ACH Transfer: Electronic payments that are completed by debiting a customer’s checking or savings account.
- Gift Cards: Customers are offered the option to pay for purchases with a preloaded gift card.
- Check Services: Save a trip to the bank by depositing checks on the computer for the ultimate efficiency.
- Point-of-Sale: A combination of software and hardware that enables merchants to accept transactions and optimize the efficiency of their business operations. POS systems usually boast an industry-specific design to streamline orders and operations.
- Loyalty Programs: Rewards programs are offered by businesses to create buying incentives and bolster customer loyalty.
- International Payments: Accept payments made by credit cards in other currencies.
- Payment Gateway: Optimize efficiency and enable unique integrations with our advanced payment gateway technology.
- Cash Advance: Quick and easy funding to help merchants grow their businesses.
- Fraud Protection: Advanced fraud protection tools for in-store and online transactions.
- PCI Compliance: Assistance in completing the PCI paperwork and compliance standards.
- Chargeback Assistance: Chargebacks are inevitable for merchants, but knowledgeable reps will assist merchants through the process of responding to and managing chargebacks.
It is imperative for merchants to carefully consider the options they want to offer and the company they choose to partner for every transaction. Fidelity offers 21 years of expertise in the processing industry. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of merchant service and value-added offerings to thousands upon thousands of merchants.
Contact us for more information or to get started. We will ensure that your payments acceptance has a positive impact on your bottom line.