Technical Support Specialist
Department: Tech Support
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Fidelity Payment Services is currently seeking a Technical Support Agent to provide high-quality customer service to merchants by responding to inquiries that come into our support desk via email and telephone. The Agent handles service tickets regarding the support of Merchant Credit Card processing through troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing merchants with solutions to resolve problems with service, authorization and credit card processing terminals as well as communicates applicable policies, procedures, and practices to merchants.
- Work with our information management system to deploy and fulfill accounts/equipment and orders, monitoring and answering incoming calls and emails daily, creating trouble tickets and working with clients to resolve
- Troubleshoot and rectify issues to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Document customer issues utilizing our information management system
- Help build and maintain knowledge sources and training materials for inner and interdepartmental training and onboarding
- Analyze data and workflows to determine root causes and make recommendations to resolve the current problem while gaining efficiencies for future similar problems
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision using pre-set company policies, procedures, and standards as well as contractual agreements as guidelines for interaction and activity
Professional Qualities and Experience:
- HS Required, Associates or higher preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing technical support role from an IT perspective.
- The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and efficiently both over the phone and in writing
- Ability to identify and resolve/escalate complex problems
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with hardware, software and web technology
- Proven commitment to high-quality customer service and a customer-first approach to problem-solving
- High efficiency and time management skills
For a full listing of career opportunities, click here.